This section describes how to install the Programming Token driver.
Typically, the token driver is automatically installed when the token is connected to the computer. If this is not the case, follow the instructions below.
Proceed as follows.
- Connect the Programming Token to the computer USB port.
- Download the driver from https://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/software/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers
Download the driver for your operating system.
- Save the .zip package on your computer.
- Extract the .zip package on your computer.
- Open the Windows Device manager.
- Select Other devices > CP2102N USB to UART Bridge Controller.
- Right-click to select Update driver.
- Select Search the driver from the computer.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software and the select the folder containing the driver that you downloaded and extracted.
- Click Next.
Wait until Windows installs the driver.
- Click Close.
- Return to Windows Device manager and check that Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge is listed in the Ports > (COM & LPT) menu.
- The driver is now installed and you can use Programming Token on your computer.
- You can now remove the downloaded .zip package and the folder where you extracted the drivers.