This section describes how to control an alarm system by a Key Reader or an RFID Reader.
In this scenario, you program the Door Module as a Key Switch, which has its own access rights. For this, you have to connect the power supply and a Key Reader to the Door Module, during the first programming.
Proceed as follows.
- Ensure that the Net Bridge switch is on STANDBY.
- Add, format and program the Door Module to the lock list as a Key Switch.
Select the type of lock cylinder as N102.
Select the type of lock as Networked.
- Connect Door Module to a prepared Net Bridge, or continue the bus from the last connected bus device, according to the connection diagram in iLOQ S10 Online System - Planning Guidelines.
If you continue the bus from another bus device, remember to disable the termination (TERMINATION = OFF) from the device from which you continue the bus.
- Connect the Key Reader or RFID Reader to the Door Module READER RS-485 bus according to the connection diagram.
- If you connected the Key Reader, terminate it by setting the TERMINATION dip switch to the ON position.
- Connect an alarm control to the relay output K1, according to the alarm system manufacturer's instructions.
- If you connected the Key Reader, you can connect the alarm system status information to control the lowermost light of the Key Reader, to indicate the alarm system status.
Connect the alarm system status information to the Door Module IN 1 to control green light, and/or IN 2 to control red light.
The status information you bring from the alarm system must be potential-free.
- Set the operation mode 5 by the OPTIONS dip switches as follows:
- Set the TERMINATION (TERM) dip switch to the ON position, if this bus device will be the last device on this bus branch. Otherwise, set it OFF.
- When you have also connected the other bus devices, finalize the Net Bridge configuration once (see Finalizing the Bus Device Configuration on Net Bridge) and continue this procedure.
- On iLOQ Manager software, check that the orange background color for the lock has disappeared from the lock grid view. Remember to refresh the grid view by pressing F5.