The iLOQ HOME mobile app works with most NFC-enabled Android phones. The Android OS version must be 9 or newer. However, considering the great variety of Android phones from different manufacturers out there, it is not guaranteed that the app works seamlessly in all Android phones. Therefore, it is recommended to test the application with your phone before taking it into full use.
Note: You must install the app first before registration.
Before installing the app, make sure that:
- Your phone is NFC compatible.
- NFC is required for updating keys. The app can only be installed from Google Play on phones that support NFC.
- Your phone is not rooted.
- Rooting exposes devices to security threats. The iLOQ HOME mobile app cannot be installed and used in rooted devices.
- Your phone operating system is running the latest available version. The Android OS version must be 9 or newer.
- This is to ensure your phone is protected by the latest security patches. For security reasons, it is important to always keep the operating system updated to the latest version.
The iLOQ HOME mobile app is free to install from Google Play.
Note: You must have a Google account on your device to install apps from Google Play.
1.1 Installing the app from iLOQ’s registration message, SMS
The locking system administrator will send you an SMS and an email. Start from the SMS.
- Open the iLOQ registration SMS on your mobile phone.
- Press the link to install the iLOQ HOME app.
This takes you to the iLOQ web page where you will find instructions and a download link for the
iLOQ HOME app.
- On the iLOQ HOME web page, click Google Play.
This takes you to Google Play and shows the iLOQ HOME app.
- Press Install.
- After the installation is finished, press Open.
Next, the app requires a verification code. The verification code is sent to you via email.
See chapter 2. Verification.
Note: The verification code is only valid for 120 hours. If the verification is not completed within this time, you will need to request a new registration message from your locking system administrator.
1.2 Installing the app directly from Google Play
You can also install the app directly from Google Play:
- Open Google Play.
- Search for “iLOQ HOME” and click the app icon.
- Press Install.
- Press Open.
Next, the app says Hello! and requires a verification. The verification code is sent to you via email at the same time as the installation SMS. See chapter 2. Verification of the app.
Did this article solve your problem?Give feedback & see related articles