Access rights determine which locks can be opened with the app, at what times and with what conditions. A user’s access rights are defined by the administrator in the locking system management software and given to the app during registration. The administrator can trigger forced updates to access rights at any time. For security reasons, the app does not show which locks it has access to. You can get this information from your locking system administrator.
To open a lock with the app:
- Make sure your phone’s NFC is switched on.
- Open the iLOQ S50 app.
- Place your phone’s NFC antenna area close to the lock’s antenna knob.
- If you need more assistance or support about opening a lock, press the Instruction link.
- When the app starts to communicate with the lock, the screen turns gray. Hold the phone still until the app shows the green opening screen indicating successful opening. The internal locking mechanism of the lock is now activated, and you can open the lock by turning the knob.
The communication time (gray screen) may be a little longer if the app has a programming task, an audit trail fetching task for the lock, or if the lock is configured to require server validation from the key during opening. If the lock is configured to require server validation from the key, the phone must have a network connection.
Locks can be opened with the app also when the app is in the background, i.e., without bringing the app to the foreground. However, there are some scenarios where it is necessary to open the app and refresh keys from the server before opening the lock.
These scenarios are:
• The phone has been restarted.
• The key expiry interval has elapsed. Read more about the key expiry interval in chapter 7.
In the above scenarios, open the app and press the name of the locking system in the Locking Systems view to go to the Locking System Details view, and refresh the key from the server and reset the expiry interval counter for the displayed locking systems by pressing REFRESH.
Did this article solve your problem?
Give feedback & see related articles