This section describes how to connect an electric lock, magnet lock or electric strike plate, and so on, to be controlled by a combination of a key and a PIN-code. In this connection, you use a Key Reader and a keypad (RFID reader equipped with a keypad).
In this scenario, you program the Door Module as a Key Switch, which has its own access rights. For this, you have to connect the power supply and a Key Reader to the Door Module, during the first programming.
Proceed as follows.
- Ensure that the Net Bridge switch is on STANDBY.
- Add, format and program the Door Module to the lock list as a Key Switch.
Select the type of lock cylinder as N102.
Select the type of lock as Networked.
- Connect Door Module to a prepared Net Bridge, or continue the bus from the last connected bus device, according to the connection diagram in iLOQ S10 Online System - Planning Guidelines.
If you continue the bus from another bus device, remember to disable the termination (TERMINATION = OFF) from the device from which you continue the bus.
- Connect the Key Reader to the Door Module READER RS-485 bus according to the connection diagram.
Ensure that the TERMINATION dip switch on the Key Reader is OFF.
- Connect the RFID reader (with a keypad) to the Key Reader RS-485 OUT connector according to the connection diagram.
- Connect an electric lock control to the relay output K1, according to the electric lock manufacturer's instructions.
Do not use the bus power (DC+, DC-) for powering the electric lock.
- Set the operation mode 3 by the OPTIONS dip switches as follows:
- Set the TERMINATION (TERM) dip switch to the ON position, if this bus device will be the last device on this bus branch. Otherwise, set it OFF.
- When you have also connected the other bus devices, finalize the Net Bridge configuration once (see Finalizing the Bus Device Configuration on Net Bridge) and continue this procedure.
- On iLOQ Manager software, check that the orange background color for the lock has disappeared from the lock grid view. Remember to refresh the grid view by pressing F5.
- Add the key PIN-code calendar, unless you already have a suitable key PIN-code calendar for the lock. See Adding a Key PIN-code Calendar.
- Attach the key PIN-code calendar to the lock. See Attaching a Key PIN-code Calendar to Locks.