This section describes how to control an electric lock, magnet lock or electric strike plate, and so on, by a Key Switch.
In this scenario, you program the Key Switch as a lock, which has its own access rights. For this, you have to connect the power supply and a Key Reader to the Relay card, during the first programming.
Proceed as follows.
- Set the MODE SELECT 4 dip switch OFF.
- Add, format and program the Key Switch on S10 Manager software, see Adding a Key Switch.
Select the type of lock cylinder as R10S.3.X.
Select the type of relay configuration as Basic.
Select the relay mode as Impulse.
- Mount the Relay card.
- Connect the Key reader and a power supply to the Relay card according to the connection diagram, see Appendix 1 - Wiring Diagram for R10S.3 Basic.
- Mount the Key reader.
- Connect an electric lock control to the relay output K1, according to the electric lock manufacturer's instructions.
- Test that the installation works.